Under direct supervision, sells and cashes betting tickets and vouchers. Operates in direct contact with the wagering public in a courteous and professional manner. Handles wagering on all programs offered during the racing day including but not limited to the live race meet and full card simulcasting. Maintains a cash drawer and is responsible for balancing and any shortage that may occur. Training will be conducted for selected candidates.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Operates a betting window. Provide courteous service and conduct with moral and ethical standards.
- Uses a teller/betting terminal (ticket issuing machine) and in tandem with a money drawer.
- Accepts bets and operates with due care in issuing betting tickets ensuring that tickets match the bet placed.
- Cashes winning tickets, determining a ticket’s validity and value, by running tickets through the ticket reader on the teller’s terminal.
- Responsible for managing and balancing a cash til. Watchful for minors to prohibit such persons from wagering.
- Directs customer complaint to immediate supervisor.
- Must be minimum 18 years of age.
- Must refrain from personal wagering.
- Each teller will be on duty approx. 4 - 5 hours on each race day at the racecourse in Vieux-Fort.
During the racing season, there will be one race per month.